[SunHELP] Keyboard Type 5c on SS2 + wire colors?

Andreas Behnert sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 3 17:18:18 CST 2001

(Sorry, I'm new to the list and my English is rather poor :-)

I got a type 5c keyboard - is it possible to use this keyboard
on a SparcStation2? The PROM is already V2.9 (=final release).

The problem: Some "hero" cut off the plug so now I have a
keyboard with a cable that is about four inches long. No plug,
not even the old one...
I would be very very very happy if somebody could grab a (oh my
god - how is this called in english - babel.altavista.com says:)
"continuity tester" (is this right?), check the wires of his
5c keyboard and post the results to the list. I would like to mount
a new plug on the cable but I don't know which wire (color) belongs
to which pin of the plug. I found six (+ ground) wires inside the
cable. If you (carefully!) open the type5c you can see how the
wires are connected to the board...
The SS2 originally came with a type 4 keyboard and expects a
DIN-8 connector (see http://www.sunhelp.org/faq/sunref5.html).
BTW: What about the mouse if I connect a type 5c to the SS2?

Thank you very much!

Greetings,
Andreas

--
To err is human; effective mayhem requires the root password!