[SunHELP] Who run what command

Henderson, David sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 3 07:05:40 CST 2001

What could have happened is that the user account has been deleted after the process has started running.

When PS tries to return a username for the userid it fails as there is no entry.

Similar to what happens when you tar files from one server to another and the user account does on exist on the new system.

Of course this may not be the problem.  It sounds like it is though.

easy test is to create a user, start a vi session as the user and delete the user when it's running vi.

Then do a ps and grep for vi and see if it exhibits the same behaviour.

HTH

David Henderson
Computacenter

Direct Dial: 0141 556 3617