[SunHELP] iomega Jaz drive on a Sparc20

Hichael Morton sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 30 17:30:53 CDT 2001

Jered,

Try....

#1 -- In Solaris 8, try running " devfsadm " after you insert a
new/unformatted Jaz disk.  (Of course, look at the man pages before
running the command so you know what it will do.)  This should cause the
new "hard drive" to be recognized by the format command.

#2 -- In Solaris 2.6 & 7, try running "devconfig", " devlinks ", and "
disks ".  (Of course, look at the man pages before running the command
so you know what these commands  will do.)

#3 -- Change the Jaz disk and do a reconfiguration reboot.
      * reboot -- -r
      * touch /reconfigure ; init 6 (or reboot)
      * from the ok prompt -- boot -r

Any one of these should cause your Sparc to reread and rebuild the dev
directory and permit format to "see" the new disc.

Hope this helps,

MH