[SunHELP] jumpstart

sunhelp at sunhelp.org sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 30 12:50:29 CDT 2001

You need to set up the install server as well..

"David Baldwin" <dbaldwin at networkinsight.com>@sunhelp.org on 08/30/2001=

01:48:28 PM

Please respond to sunhelp at sunhelp.org

Sent by:  sunhelp-admin at sunhelp.org

To:   sunhelp at sunhelp.org
cc:
Subject:  [SunHELP] jumpstart

Please Help,

I set up a jumpstart server and boot server on the same system and have=

nisserver on different system.=A0 Bootparamsand sysidcfgare on the
boot/install server.

When I issue " bootnet ? install" the client finds the boot and install=

services but complains that, "the product distribution does not contain=
product table of contents" then proceeds to list the nfsshared director=
ies
for root and jumpstart.

After that it goes to a working prompt ( the#) and the spinning dash-sl=
ash.

I don't know if it is doing anything though and it has been at this for=
 3
hours.=A0 The system areconnected via 10Mbps hub so that might slow it =
down a
little. =A0Is there a way to tell if anything is happening?

Thanks for any help.

Dave Baldwin

=