[SunHELP] Ultra 2 Power Supply

Jeff Feller sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 27 20:38:50 CDT 2001

Hey,

My Ultra 2 occasionally shuts itself off.. not any particular time of a
day or after any number of days being on.. but, when it does do this, and
we try and start it, it starts, but then shuts off again.  I think that
sounded like a power supply problem like the fan is quitting and the power
supply is over heating?  I've had the case off it the last few days now
and it's running much better (the server room is cooled well)..

Any other ideas as to what it could be?  OR!  Anyone know where to get a
power supply?  I got a quote of $285.00 originally but told him for that
price I'd just buy an Ultra 1 and not use the U2 as the server since a U2
isn't completely needed anyway! :)  He told told me $100.00...

SO!  Know of a place that can beat $100.00?  THANKS!

Jeff