[SunHELP] sparc 10 question

Ilya sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 23:24:09 CDT 2001

Hi. I have a sparc10, which i bough long time ago at ebay. I have never had
time to play with it ever since, but now i want to use it.
It has 128mb of ram, 2 3gb seagate hard drives, and one cpu. no video card.
I have tried 5 different serial cables null-modem and not - i do not get any
messages in hyperterminal. though the system powers up. I really want to
build a solaris 8 system to play with it. So now i have to make a decision -
either to sell this box at ebay for whatever it worth and get a different
one - may be sparc 5? or get this one somehow working.
i was wondering if anyone knows any places in NYC (brooklyn? staten island?
manahtten?) where i could bring this system for test, and make sure its
working.
if anyone can provide any tips on this issue i will be very appriciative.
also i am not quite sure that sparc 10 can handle solaris 8. anyone knows?

thank you guys a lot.