[SunHELP] LONG message: cannot telnet in, until an ftp session "wakes it up"

Peter Stokes sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 22 01:09:03 CDT 2001

Hi Logan

One of the common problems with long timeouts on telnet is reverse lookups
of the system you are logging in from on the system you are logging into.
Depends which name service you are using, but check that the 'server' can
resolve the clients IP number to a name.

Just my $0.02

Peter
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services Ltd