[SunHELP] X help!

Bob Minvielle sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 20 09:52:55 CDT 2001

I am running Sol8 and am not used to CDE, so I installed
afterstep from the companion CD. I also put afterstep as an
option on the CDE login screen as per the destructions at
http://twirl.mcc.ac.uk/~zzassgl/wm.html
Everything works ok, except for two things which I can not
figure out.

1) When afterstep is started it loads an xterm (as per the
instructions for the Xsession.fvwm (which is Xsession.afterstep
in my case).. if I close this xterm it kills the entire session
and drops back to main login screen. If I remove the exec xterm...
from
the Xsession.afterstep file it does not load afterstep at all,
and falls back to the main login box.

2) After loading afterstep, I have no PATH... i.e. if I type
set |grep PATH it shows PATH=$HOME:/bin and if I log into CDE
it has all of the proper paths... where do I modify this??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

=====
Bob (number9)