[SunHELP] Running Unix applications from the Web

Simon Phillips sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 17 09:51:19 CDT 2001

You could try a captive account, that is in the password file, instead of =
the user's shell (ie. /bin/sh) as the last field, use the path to the =
application ie. /home/fred/getrichquick.sh (or whatever).

Simon Phillips

>>> big at kuwaitnet.net 08/17/01 03:22pm >>>

	Change his shell to the application you are trying to run and as
soon as he finishes the application and exit from it he will lose his
shell access, plus he wont be able to ftp.

                    KuwaitNet Communications Inc.
        Bashar A AlAbdulhadi            UNIX Systems Administrator
        bashar at kuwaitnet.net            http://www.KuwaitNet.net=20
        Phone: (KW) +965-2647060        Fax: (KW) +965-5337060
        Phone: (US) +514-2417955        Fax: (US) +801-4373934
        ICQ UIN: 19907999               Pager: (KW) 9327060
        IRC: Big @ #Kuwaitnet           YaHoO ID: kuwaitnets
        Toll free (from USA & Canada only)  1-888-KuwaitNET

           "Quality, Stability, 24 Hours Tech. Support"
                          "Think KuwaitNet"

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Phil Schilling wrote:

> Lance wrote:
> >Hi Folks,
>
> >I'm working on a web-based application. As part of the requirement, I =
also
> need to run a >Unix application from the web browser. I'm using Java =
Telnet