[SunHELP] creating a file system

Sangbutsarakum, Patai sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 17 03:36:28 CDT 2001

1. U must use disk device that u wanna partition it Ex /dev/dsk/c0t8d0
2. # format
3. select what disks you working with. Select the device from item 1
4. partition
5. select what slice no. that u wanna use.
6. u'll be asked for tag [unassign] , flag [wm], start cylinder, stop
cylinder
7. label
8. CTRL-D - exit from format

# newfs /dev/dsk/c0t8d0s?  <-- ? from item 5
# fsck -o f,p /dev/rdsk/c0t8d0s?

Change/Add in /etc/vfstab

that's it
Wish this help