[SunHELP] Running Unix applications from the Web.

Lance J Sequeira sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 16 02:46:45 CDT 2001

Hi Folks,

I'm working on a web-based application. As part of the requirement, I also need to run a Unix application from the web browser. I'm using Java Telnet Application, which is an applet, to connect to the machine where the application resides. I can get it to work, but the problem is that after the user terminates the application he has access to the unix prompt.

Can anyone give me lead on how to telnet into a Unix box and run an application without the login process and then ending the telnet session once the application is terminated?

Thanks,
Lance.

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!