[SunHELP] boot es450 disk in a es250

Harvey, Tom sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 15 19:57:16 CDT 2001

That was it.

My thanks to Ashraf & Alan.

I could not mount the disk r/w from the maintenance mode it kept complaining
about "no such device" even though I was browsing the disk read only. :)

I copied the "/etc/path_to_inst" file from the working es250 internal disk
to the es450 disk I was trying to boot.
I rebooted it specifying the "-r" and it came up.
Now I just need to hunt down why the xserver wouldnt start but otherwise the
system booted up fine in multiuser mode on the network etc..

thanks a bunch,
Tom