[SunHELP] Netra X1 and OS install

Magnus Abrante sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 15 04:08:27 CDT 2001

> I was told by Sun that you need to do Netboot...they did not mention
> anything about cracking the case (I did not want to ask...).

I suppose you can open the case and temporarly install a CD-ROM...
Actually i think i had a customer who did that. Othervise you can
netboot it (note thou; Solaris 8 10/00 requires a bunch of drivers
which can be downloaded from http://www.sun.com/netra, Solaris 8 4/01
and onwards should work out-of-the-box).

        //Magnus Abrante
/* This is my opinion and not the one of my employer */