[SunHELP] syslogd: remote logging of messages

Gereon 'Jerry' Stein sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Aug 14 09:32:39 CDT 2001

All,

I have switched my server from Linux/Sparc to Solaris,
and quite unlike the Linux syslogd the Solaris one
refuses to log the messages sent in from my ISDN router.

I've seen syslogd _receive_ the messages (Debug-mode
does tell stories ;) but it just doesn't write them
anywhere. I even specified a default destination
where messages that don't fit anywhere else should be
written to, but still to no avail.

What else can or must I do to get syslogd (Solaris 8,
I should add) to log my messages where I want them?

Thanks,

Jerry