[SunHELP] $DISPLAY for root

David Baldwin sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 16:37:05 CDT 2001

Yes, I was aware of that.  It is possible that the transition from
telnet to ssh brought this little quirk to the surface.  With telnet I
had to set the display every time and with ssh it was taken care of
already.  Local display problems only got noticed afterwards, I think.

Any suggestions on what to put in .profile?  I thought about using "cut"
on the output from "who am I" to get the current display, but if there
is a better way I'm all ears.

Thanks again
Dave