[SunHELP] Script Help

Shain Miley sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 16:09:11 CDT 2001

Hi,
I need to take account info from a file on a VMS system ( reachable via
FTP or NFS) and verify that the data in the file matches account info on
a Solaris system .  I think that the process should be as real time as
possible.  What I am looking for is a way to wait for a file to be
available and when it is process it then.  I don't want to use a cron
job that runs every ten minutes or anything like that as it would be too
long between the availability of the file and the processing.  Can I do
this with a Perl or Bash script or am I better off looking at a
different approach?  Thanks in advance.

Shain