[SunHELP] $DISPLAY for root

Sash Dhru sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Aug 13 12:12:21 CDT 2001

I have always faced a similar issue (with or without
SSH) and despite all the su options(su ,su-, su-l )
the DISPLAY variable refuses to get carried over. The
way I got around it (i think this is cumbersome and
inane) is that I added the DISPLAY setting in the
login file which was sourced during su -l.
I am interested to know what the actual
reason/solution is...

SD