[Re: [Re: [SunHELP] Locking down root]]

David McMullen sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 10 16:09:59 CDT 2001

My boss wants everyone who needs root access to get it through su.  that =
way I
can track the sulog.  That's what bosses are for!

davidmac

Phil Brutsche <phil at giedi.obix.com> wrote:

> I have been asked to lock out console as well!

And who asked for that foolishness?  Someone who doesn't have to maintain=

the computer?

If someone can just walk up to the computer itself and log into the
console I think you've got bigger problems... like someone

1) walking away with the system (you didn't mention how big this computer=

   is)
2) walking up, rebooting via the power cable and booting off CD to get to=

   the computer

or any number of other things.

Phil

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org