[SunHELP] KVM recommendations

William Enestvedt sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 10 07:48:35 CDT 2001

> ...(plus you pick up rack space since you have no monitors
> in/on them & less HVAC issues since less heat...)

   Which reminds me: we have three SharkRacks here and two APC racks for the
Suns. Has anyone bought (or even tried out) a SharkRack LCD/keyboard unit
yet?
   I would love to get away from having a big ol' CRT display in those racks
both to save heat and to save space -- plus, the NT admins snicker every
time they see me ducking my head to peer into the monitor at the back of the
rack. I know they're fairly pricey compared to a CRT but the extra room and
cool would be a big win.
   Just looking for feedback; thanks in advance.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator