[SunHELP] Keyboard wackiness?

Hichael Morton sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 9 16:17:23 CDT 2001

Ben,

Your E250 is designed to go to the ok prompt when the keyboard is
unplugged.  In certain situations that I have encountered, it is a good
feature.

When your E250 is at the ok prompt, it has finished its POST (Power On
Self Test) and is waiting for instructions for maintenance or booting.
Open Boot Prompt (OBP) is another name for this state.  Single User mode
is reached after the E250 boots.

docs.sun.com should have online/downloadable manuals on the OBP/ok
prompt and Sun spends time in the hardware and sysadmin class on how to
use the OBP.  It really is a nifty tool and can be used to customize
your E250 by creating aliases and the hardware level.

Hope this helps!

Michael