[SunHELP] KVM recommendations

Adam Kropelin sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 9 14:46:34 CDT 2001

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1210B.FE9810A0

The good news is that we now have enough Suns to justify needing a KVM
switch for them. The bad news is, well, the same thing.

All I can seem to find are peecee KVMs which require $150-per-port protocol
converters to work with Sun equipment. Can anyone recommend a
reasonably-priced switch that needs no adapters? Or a source of cheaper
adapters?

--
Adam Kropelin

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1210B.FE9810A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.45">
<TITLE>KVM recommendations</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>The good news is that we now have enough Suns to =
justify needing a KVM switch for them. The bad news is, well, the same =
thing.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>All I can seem to find are peecee KVMs which require =
$150-per-port protocol converters to work with Sun equipment. Can =
anyone recommend a reasonably-priced switch that needs no adapters? Or =
a source of cheaper adapters? </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-- </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Adam Kropelin</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>