[SunHELP] Seeding for apple network

William Enestvedt sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 9 07:55:24 CDT 2001

Wooops! *blushes* Sorry about that! As I was saying...

> We seem to need a zone for some old Mac software component,
> which is I think originally from M$.

   Nope, it's an Apple Extensions which ets a Mac that has an Ethernet
connection advertise a serially-connected printer to other computers on the
network. Sort of a poor-man's print server.
   What do you need the LaserWriter Bridge for? Are you still using both the
printer and the Mac it's attached to?
   I used to read a mailing list for people porting NetBSD to old Macs
(m68k, pre-PPC systems) and there was far more frequent mention of netatalk
than CAP -- but I think theat they're both acceptable. Do you need AppleTalk
or EtherTalk or both?
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt