[SunHELP] Solstice Disksuite Sync script?

Ben Ricker sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 2 15:01:23 CDT 2001

I have been seeing the "need Maintenence" state on my Disksuite mirrors.
I have been manually entering in the metasync commands but this is
getting monotonous. Plus, we are moving the box into production soon.

The Disksuite manual mentions a script called "lvm.syn" that is loaded
through rc2.d. It is a symlink to /etc/init.d/lvm.sync. However, I do
not see a lvm.sync! I might have accidently deleted it or something.

Anyway, does anyone have a copy of their sync script handy?

Also, since I do not intend on rebooting this box, what is the best way
to resync the mirrors? Cron on off hours? Should I do it weekly? Monthy?
Grep metastat for the state then trigger the script? Any ideas?

Ben Ricker
System Administrator
Wellinx.com