[SunHELP] help moving all the printer definitions from one machine to anoth er

Stout, Logan sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 2 09:00:19 CDT 2001

My appologies if this has been addressed, I didnt see it in the archives.

So I've got this system (e3500 for those who care) and it does a lot of
printing. It uses HP's jetadmin (HPNP). I now need to make another system
print identically to it. as the 3500 is being "retasked" I thought that
copying the contents of (after doing a normal package install of hpnp) of
/opt/hpnp and /etc/lp would make this happen, but apparently there is more
to it than that. I did online and enable all the "new" printers on the new
system. If anyone has any tricks to make this work  would be much
appreciative. Or, if someone happens to know the right way to go about
copying all printer settings, I owuld love to hear that as well.

Logan