[SunHELP] Help!!! changing /etc/system, system is down

Michael Keplinger sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Aug 1 09:55:37 CDT 2001

After you boot with boot -a and specify /dev/null, you
can remove the lines from /etc/system that say
something to the effect of
forceload md (something or another)

Also I ran into this problem once before, and I think
I remember that metadevice info is stored on an unused
partion like slice 5 and unless you formatted the
whole drive, it may still be looking there for
metadevice info.  I know that this is vague, but I
hope it gives you some areas to look into.

Mike