[SunHELP] Large EIDE Disk in Ultra5

Bob C. Ruddy sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 30 21:29:18 CDT 2001

i put a standard western digital 30 gig disk in an ultra5. at first i was
using 2.6 but 2.6 will only ever see something like an 8.4 gig ide drive.
once i upgraded to 2.7(2.8 wasn't out). i was ok. but since i had labeled
the disk in 2.6 the label on the disk only showed it as an 8.4 gig drive.
i just did a "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/c0t4d0s2" for a few seconds ran
format and it was all good.

Bob