[SunHELP] Can't halt E450 using stop-a

LO M Ms -CMMRCL SYS sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 30 16:24:36 CDT 2001

------_=_NextPart_000_01C0D1BB.F57C6074

Hi,

We lost root password and tried to halt the system using STOP-A.  It didn't
work.  On CDE, click on suspend system on the pulldown menu, a popup window
indicates there is an error and give me options of either poweroff or cancel
the process.  I do not know about the impact if I choose to power off.  So,
I was force to cancel the process.  How can I halt the system and boot it
from the CDROM?

I also found lots of process called <defunct> on the system.  I don't know
what is that and I can't kill it either.  Any idea what those <defunct> are?

Thanks in advance for all your input.

Mosy Lo

------_=_NextPart_000_01C0D1BB.F57C6074

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:LO;M
FN:LO M Ms -CMMRCL SYS
ORG:CMMRCL SYS/
TITLE:EXTERNAL CONTRACTOR - MOSY
TEL;WORK;VOICE:400 1686
ADR;WORK:;TCHG101;(416)592-1686 TORONTO -700 UNIVERSITY
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:TCHG101=0D=0A(416)592-1686 TORONTO -700 UNIVERSITY
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:mosy.lo at ontariopowergeneration.com
REV:20010316T221141Z
END:VCARD

------_=_NextPart_000_01C0D1BB.F57C6074--