[SunHELP] snmpd and mibiisa

Xiaomei Zhou sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 30 12:10:27 CDT 2001

Hello,

I have a question about snmpd and mibiisa running on my Solaris 6 and 7 systems. Could someone tell me how I can tell
whether or not I need these services? I read man pages on snmp and mibiisa. In my /etc/services file, there's no
entries for snmp and snmp-trap. Also, I looked for port numbers for snmp and mibiisa by using "rpcinfo -p" but
couldn't find any port related to snmp and mibiisa services. But "ps" shows that both services are running. Do I need
them? Can I turn them off?

Thanks,
Mei