[SunHELP] Solaris 2.6 upgrade to 2.8

Ben Ricker sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 26 10:19:33 CDT 2001

I ran it. It did some good things and some bad things. For some reason,
it disabled networking COMPLETELY! I had to add back the init scripts
individually. It might have been a mistake on my part. I did run it
as-is. you might want to give the scripts a thorough reading and pick
and choose what you want running. If you can get it right, it will
harden the heck out of your box.

I had no particular problems related to Solaris 8, btw. The scripts did
what they were supposed to.

Ben Ricker
System Administrator
US-Rx, inc.