[SunHELP] Tracking Hacker ?

Ben Ricker sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 26 10:07:24 CDT 2001

I am surprised no one has mentioned step one: get that machine off the
network. As someone pointed out, the hacker may be hacking other
machines onyour network like crazy. Keeping the machine on the network
is just plain crazy talk. What if they get other machines from the
company you are piggy backing on and they boot you? What if the hacker
commits a more serious crime using your machine as a staging machine?
Get it off the network and wipe that puppy.

Ben Ricker
System Administrator
US-Rx, Inc.