[SunHELP] NTP: installing w/o a compiler

Brian D. Kohl sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 25 22:59:28 CDT 2001

Hey,

I am building out a bunch of new 420Rs running Solaris 7.  I have my eye
bent on as secure a system as possible, and I won't install a compiler due
to this.  I've got a development box w/a compiler and I've done all my
./configure and make's on that box, and then the final make install on my
new more secure boxes.

However, then only application I need that requires a compiler during the
make install is NTP.  Before I start trying to scrounge up all the files
that the make install puts all over the disk, I was wondering if anyone
knows if there is a pkgadd of one of the newer versions (w/o that latest
security bug in NTP --> http://www.ciac.org/ciac/bulletins/l-071.shtml)
that I could get and use instead of fighting to do it w/o a compiler.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
bdk

Brian D. Kohl