[SunHELP] /var/sadm/pkg

Adams, Christopher sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 25 16:14:52 CDT 2001

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0CDCC.C54FFCF0

Hello Everyone,

I have a question.  How critical are the files in '/var/sadm/pkg' ?  I am
trying to free up space in my /var and when I go into /var and run:  'du . |
sort -n'   I notice that my largest files are located in /var/sadm/pkg  .
Can I clean up this directory or is it very critical to system that the
files in there be untouched?  I know that the packages installed are
recorded here, but if I were to clean out the /var/sadm/pkg directory, would
I be in serious trouble is what I'm asking I guess?

Thanks all!

Christopher A.
Los Angeles, Ca.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0CDCC.C54FFCF0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>/var/sadm/pkg</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hello Everyone,</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have a question.  How critical =
are the files in '/var/sadm/pkg' ?  I am trying to free up space =
in my /var and when I go into /var and run:  'du . | sort =
-n'   I notice that my largest files are located in =
/var/sadm/pkg  .   Can I clean up this directory or is =
it very critical to system that the files in there be untouched?  =
I know that the packages installed are recorded here, but if I were to =
clean out the /var/sadm/pkg directory, would I be in serious trouble is =
what I'm asking I guess?</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks all!</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Christopher A.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Los Angeles, Ca.</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C0CDCC.C54FFCF0--