[SunHELP] bind upgrade on solaris 2.5.1

Dale Ghent sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 23 12:42:02 CDT 2001

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Henrico Santos wrote:

| sir / madam,
|
|      hi! i just want to ask something from you guys.
| we have a bind version 4.8.3 running on solaris 2.5.1
| and upgraded the bind to version 4.9.3-p1 by
| installing some pathces. my problem is that i want to
| upgrade the bind to atleast version 8.x.x and i'm
| having a difficulty of doing that because i do not
| know where to start. could you give me some idea,
| probably an intensive steps or procedure to do this?
|      it would certainly be appreciated since im having
| this problem for almost two months now.

Sun does not ship BIND 8 for 2.5.1. BIND 8 first came standard as a Sun
Solaris package with Solaris 7.

To upgrade to BIND 8 on 2.5.1, you must go straght to the source. Go to
http://www.isc.org/ and download the source code for the latest version of
BIND 8, compile and install.

There is a script included with the BIND 8 package called
"named-bootconf". This will convert your BIND 4-era named.boot file to a
BIND 8 named.conf file.

/dale