[SunHELP] RE: SunHELP digest, Vol 1 #973 - 14 msgs

Pissey, Vinod sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 23 12:16:56 CDT 2001

Hi Robert

If you are trying to mirror the root then you need to do a metaroot and then
reboot the machine .Then you need to attach the sub mirrors.

Regards
vinod

Message: 6
From: Robert Ababurko <Robert.Ababurko at exodus.net>
To: sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 17:21:13 -0700
Subject: [SunHELP] DiskSuite

Hello,

   I am getting an error when trying to mirror / partition.  I am able to
make the two submirrors (one of the / file system and one on the mirror
disk.  Then I make the one way mirror with the first submirror and
reboot....everything ok.  When I try to make it a two way mirror with my
second submirror I get the error:
# metattach d10 d12
metattach: harpua: d12: can't attach labeled submirror to an unlabeled
mirror

d10: Mirror
     Submirror 0: d11
       State: Okay
     Pass: 1
     Read option: roundrobin (default)
     Write option: parallel (default)
     Size: 2945376 blocks

d11: Submirror of d10
     State: Okay
     Size: 2945376 blocks
     Stripe 0:
         Device              Start Block  Dbase State        Hot Spare
         c0t0d0s0                   0     No    Okay

d12: Concat/Stripe
     Size: 2949712 blocks
     Stripe 0:
         Device              Start Block  Dbase
         c1t1d0s0                   0     No

   What does this mean?

Thanks,
Bob Ababurko

Thanks
Regards
Vinod Kumar Pissey
Compaq Computers
14231 Tandem Blvd
Phone:512-4328761.
Unix Is User-Friendly.It's just selective about who its friends Are.