[SunHELP] bind upgrade on solaris 2.5.1

Lara Matthews sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 23 04:09:39 CDT 2001

Hi Henrico

I may be being a bit simplistic here but as far a I know Sun proivde a
script which will change all your BIND 4.x files to be BIND 8.x files.
It is called named-bootconf.

I know this work in Solaris 7, however I have not tried it on Solaris
2.5.1.

Regards

Lara

Henrico Santos wrote:

> sir / madam,
>
>      hi! i just want to ask something from you guys.
> we have a bind version 4.8.3 running on solaris 2.5.1
> and upgraded the bind to version 4.9.3-p1 by
> installing some pathces. my problem is that i want to
> upgrade the bind to atleast version 8.x.x and i'm
> having a difficulty of doing that because i do not
> know where to start. could you give me some idea,
> probably an intensive steps or procedure to do this?
>      it would certainly be appreciated since im having
> this problem for almost two months now.
>
>      please  help....

Lara Matthews             	SUN Enterprise Systems Reseller
Technical Support Manager	SUN Academic Business Centre
ACCESS Computing Limited        SUN Application Provider Resource Centre
7 Elphinstone Square            iPLANET Authorised Software Partner
Deans Industrial Estate
Livingston EH54 8RG

Telephone:      		01506 461400
Fax:            		01506 461410
Email:          		lara at accesscomputing.co.uk
WWW:            		www.accesscomputing.co.uk

This communication contains information which is confidential and may
also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended
recipient(s).

If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of
distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information
in it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you received this communication in error please return it to
the sender.

We would be grateful if you would also delete the email and destroy
any copies of it.