[SunHELP] NFS Mounts

Wolfgang Engelien sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 20 09:44:05 CDT 2001

At 08:11 AM 4/20/01 -0500, you wrote:

>Fellow Admins,
>Has anyone run across a problem doing Remote NFS mounts.
>I am getting access denied when tring to do a remote mount.
>Entries have been made on the server's dfstab file and in the vfstab
>file
>on the client. Both boxes are Solaris.
>Any ideas?
Making the entries in the /etc/dfs/dfstab is not sufficient.
After making these entries, on the server you need to
use either the "shareall" if you did export things before,
or do a "/etc/init.d/nfs.server start" if you did not or
simply restart the server if possible.
After that check that the server is giving the mounts
free with the following command on the client:
/usr/sbin/showmount -e "servername-as-you-use-it-in-vfstab".
If you don't see the exported mounts you might check into the
name resolution otherwise just do a "mountall" on the client
if you have already other nfs-mounts or do a
"/etc/init.d/nfs.client start" if you had not.

Hope that helps,
Wolfgang

#####
# Wolfgang Engelien