[SunHELP] Sun & Oracle performance

Bashar sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 19 05:21:12 CDT 2001

Regards,
	I have small case i would like to gather information before doing
any future changes to our servers if anyone can help with it i will be
grateful.

CURRENT SITUATION:
NUMBER OF ORACLE USERS: 90
NUMBER OF AVERAGE CONNECTED USERS: 40
DATABASE SIZE: 10GB
THE GROWTH OF THE DATABASE FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS: 4GB
AVERAGE TRANSACTIONS PER DAY: 100,000
* HOSTED ON: E3000 Dual US-II 400 1GB RAM 1GB swap

Our future plans is to calculate what kind of machine specifications
needed to handle the load of 20 times what we have at the moment which
would be:

FUTURE SITUATION:
NUMBER OF ORACLE USERS: 1800
NUMBER OF AVERAGE CONNECTED USERS: 800
DATABASE SIZE: 200GB
THE GROWTH OF THE DATABASE FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS: 80GB
AVERAGE TRANSACTIONS PER DAY: 2,000,000

	As i figured we might need something like E4500 with 4 CPUs and
4GB ram and it would handle it with no problems. I'd like to have some
advice on this situation from people who had same experience before.

                    KuwaitNet Communications Inc.
        Bashar A AlAbdulhadi            Sales Manager/Administrator
        bashar at kuwaitnet.net            http://www.KuwaitNet.net
        Phone: (KW) +965-2647060        Fax: (KW) +965-5337060
        Phone: (US) +514-2417955        Fax: (US) +208-2755778
        ICQ UIN: 19907999               Pager: (KW) 9312471
        IRC: Big @ #Kuwaitnet           YaHoO ID: kuwaitnets
        Toll free (from USA & Canada only)  1-888-KuwaitNET

           "Quality, Stability, 24 Hours Tech. Support"
                          "Think KuwaitNet"