[SunHELP] tomcat on sol8 i386

Naresh Narang sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 18 01:54:43 CDT 2001

You don't need to compile anything. Install JDK 1.3 - this may require some
patches depending on Solaris version. Then create a user and extract tomcat
tar file in its home dir. This home dir /export/home/user/tomcat is your
TOMCAT_HOME and set your JAVA_HOME. Put all your jar files in classpath and
edit your server.xml according to your site requirements.

Naresh