[SunHELP] [Q] anyone know "Robotic Automation and/or 2nd drive" on VeritasNetbackup?

Drew Schatt sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 17 19:03:38 CDT 2001

I personally have used this product, and to back up live Oracle databases,
yes, the Oracle module is required as well. If you are able to shut down
your oracle databases during the backup window, you do not need the oracle
module (since they will just be plain files at that point).
The product has a limit of a maximum of 8 machines to be backed up, and
NFS filesystems ARE NOT supported, so be aware (regardless of what the
reps tell you).
You also need the autoloader software if you want to use the multi-tape
feature...

	-Drew Schatt