[SunHELP] SSH gateway

Dale Ghent sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 17 17:45:49 CDT 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Shain Miley wrote:

| Hi,
| does anyone know of a good SSH "gateway".  Here is what I am looking to
| do.  I would like certain users to log in trough SSH.  When they login I
| do not want them to be dropped into a shell, instead I would like then
| to be able to type for example "connect host.domain.com" and then be
| able to connect to the server through either telnet or SSH.  Any ideas?

Well, this is easy...

if you want them to telnet out after SSH'ing in, just make the users'
shell /usr/bin/telnet

They'll SSh in, then get a telnet prompt.

If you want them to ssh out, a simple shell script can be made that, when
used as the user's shell (like in the above telnet example), it prompts
for the user to input a username/hostname combo, and that execs ssh with
the propper options.

/dale