[SunHELP] installing 2nd qfe

Dale Ghent sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 10 10:45:22 CDT 2001

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 nokuc at tin.it wrote:

| Sorry about the stupid question,but I want to install a 2nd qfe card on an
| operative machine and it's the first time I do it:)
| I just need to put in the card.The name of the card will be qfe4-7 (because
| i have already got another in).And do the usual stuff
| (/etc/hostname.qfe3-7,ifconfig plumb,ifconfig .....) or it's there some
| special trick I should know???

No really special trick is needed.

Before halting your server to install the card, make your new
/etc/hostname.qfe{3-7} files with their IP addresses, touch a file called
/reconfigure, then halt your server and install the new QFE card.

When you turn your server back on, it will boot up, detect the QFE card,
and bring up the new interfaces.

/dale