[SunHELP] Is this normal for the Volume Manager?

Ann Waters sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 9 11:01:42 CDT 2001

Hi Listers,

I've got an Ultra 2 that I did not set up.  It has Veritas Volume Manager on it.  As of right now, the volume
manager is "controlling" two disks - c0t0d0 and c0t1d0.  I have three other disks (c0t10d0, c0t11d0, and
c0t12d0) also on Ultra 2.  When I run the list all function of vxdiskadm, I receive the following output:

DEVICE	DISK		GROUP	STATUS
c0t0d0		rootdisk	rootdg		online
c0t1d0		rootdisk02	rootdg		online
c0t10d0		-		-		error
c0t11d0		-		-		error
c0t12d0		-		-		error

Is it normal for any disks that are not under Volume Manager control to show up as errored?  I know for
a fact that these three disks contain valid ufs filesystems and are merrily humming along.  Am I sweating
some idiosyncracy within the Volume Manager?

Thanks in advance for any/all replies.

Ann Waters
Kaiser Permanente
Silver Spring, MD