[SunHELP] [Q] anyone know "Robotic Automation and/or 2nd driv e" on VeritasNetbackup?

Henry Buford III sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Fri Apr 6 15:49:09 CDT 2001

To add to this... If you should have problems with your 3rd party loader
control, you will find it very difficult to get support from Veritas
Software.  NetBackup BusinesServer is complex enough without having to learn
the implications of merging it with some other software out there.  The
other side of that, however, is the fact that NetBackup is a highly
scriptable product.  If you spend enough time with it, you may be able to
get around buying our loader software altogether.  Tech support, however,
does not support scripting as we sell consulting services for that kind of
thing.  So be sure and think through your options before jumping in and
finding yourself in over your head.

Henry Buford, III
MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, Sun Certified Solaris Admin I

VERITAS Software
NetBackup DataCenter/BusinesServer Technical Support
Senior Technical Support Analyst
VERITAS Technical Services
Tech Support: 1-800-342-0652
http://support.veritas.com