[SunHELP] MAX Process per user - Kerner Parameter

Dale Ghent sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Thu Apr 5 10:19:15 CDT 2001

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Balaji srinivasan wrote:

| Hi Admins,
|            What's he parameter that needs to be set for increasing the
| No. Of Processess Per User-id. I don't seem to remember it. Request your
| input.

You would want to change the maxusers variable.

The default of this variable is the amount of RAM in your system in
MB. This, however, does not mean a non-privelaged user is limited to only
256 processes if there is 256MB of RAM in your system.

The maximum number of processes per non-root user is calculated by:

5 + 16 * maxusers

/dale