[SunHELP] adding a disk to an ultra10

Chrissy Cintron sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Wed Apr 4 15:05:10 CDT 2001

Hi,
I am trying to install an 80GB disk on an ultra10
running solaris 7.  The disk (ide maxtor) is recognized
by the system but it thinks that it is only 13.33 GB
when I look at the partition table in format.  Is my next step
to make a new partition table that is correct and format the disk
or do i have to upgrade the sun somehow.  I believe i heard of
this happening before to an ultra5.  Please help.
I have been looking everywhere for info and I come up with nothing.
regards,
chrissy