[SunHELP] Loss of all network protocols

Nicholas Dronen sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Tue Apr 3 17:00:17 CDT 2001

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 01:34:18PM -0700, Tim Bell wrote:
> I have a Ent 250 that has failed to start any rpc protocols. No changes
> where made to the system it just stop working.
>
> I've been receiving these msgs:
>
> Apr 3 13:36:59 xxxx inetd[120]: 100235/rpc/tcp version1: rpcb_set: not
> started
> Apr 3 13:36:59 xxxx inetd[120]: rquota/rpc/ticlts version1: rpcb_set: not
> started
> Apr 3 13:36:59 xxxx inetd[120]: ruserd/rpc/udp version 2: rpcb_set: not
> started
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated,

>From the rpcb_set(3NSL) man page:

     rpcb_set()
           An interface to the rpcbind service, which establishes
           a   mapping  between  the  triple  [prognum,  versnum,
           netconf=>nc_netid]  and  svcaddr  on   the   machine's
           rpcbind service. The value of nc_netid must correspond
           to a network identifier that is defined by the netcon-
           fig   database.   This  routine  returns  TRUE  if  it
           succeeds,  FALSE  otherwise.  See  also  svc_reg()  in
           rpc_svc_calls  (3NSL). If there already exists such an
           entry with rpcbind, rpcb_set() will fail.

Regards,

Nicholas Dronen