[SunHELP] FS crashed

Robo sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 2 15:39:33 CDT 2001

Hi

The first alternate superblock is always 32 so if you
substitute 32 for the # in the fsck command bellow and
put the disk on the end you may get your file system
back. The other thing to look at is there is an incantation
of newfs (I think - it may be the underlying raw command
which escapes me for the moment) which does a 'dry run'
of the file system creation - one of the superblocks
from this may work if the above doesn't...

Good Luck -- you may need it
John