[SunHELP] Ping machine.

Meng, Andrew sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Mon Apr 2 14:47:19 CDT 2001

hello,

No, I can not use nslookup to find the machine.This the error message: "
can't find hw3c3363: Non-existent host/domain"

I have hosts:      files dns   in nsswitch.conf.

In resolv.conf on UNIX.
nameserver 10.10.1.42           #primary  : gus
nameserver 122.13.50.219        #secondary: scrooge

this is the output of ipconfig /all on NT side
Host Name . . . . . . . . . : hw3c3363.kdc.xxxx.com
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . : 10.10.1.42
                              122.13.50.219

Can anybody figure out what the problem is? Thanks!

Andrew