[Sunhelp] Sun IPX

blake r matheny blake.r.matheny at mail.sprint.com
Thu Sep 28 08:29:55 CDT 2000

--openmail-part-29b1d223-00000001

Hello,
I have ~50 IPCs and have become quite familiar with the Sun4c series of
workstations. If you go to www.dbaseiv.net there is some good
information on the problem your having under /sun/nvram.html. I have
some replacement NVRAM chips that I could sell you pretty cheap, they
go for $25+ on ebay, I'm selling em for $15. Or, you can reprogram your
NVRAM at each boot by doing the following:
set-defaults
1 0 mkp
real-machine-type 1 mkp
8 2 mkp
0 3 mkp
20 4 mkp
c0 5 mkp
ff 6 mkp
ee 7 mkp
0 8 mkp
0 9 mkp
0 a mkp
0 b mkp
c0 c mkp
ff d mkp
ee e mkp
0 f 0 do i idprom@ xor loop f mkp
This will give your IPX it's hostid and ethernet address. The sun needs
this to boot. Hope this was a help.
-Blake