[Sunhelp] Second ethernet for IPX

David Rouse david at rouseworld.org
Wed Sep 27 18:22:08 CDT 2000

Intending to setup my IPX as a firewall/NAT for my cable modem connection I
got a combo ethernet/scsi card (part # 501-1869) off of an 670MP. The card
has the spring-loaded-clip-jaws connector for the ethernet and I attempted
to use an ethernet transceiver made for old Macintosh computers. Apparently
there is something wrong with the card, or the transceiver, as I don't get a
power indicator light on the transceiver. The IPX does seem to recognize the
card, but complains that there is no carrier.

1) Can the 501-1869 be used on an IPX running Solaris 7?

2) Do the Mac transceivers of this type not work with Suns?

3) If I do need another transceiver, what should I ask for?

4) If the card isn't going to work in the IPX, would it work in a Sparc10?

Thanks for any help!

--
David Rouse